Re: Social Engineering Formal Methodology

From: Will Wilkinson (Willat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 18:16:05 PST

    In message <20020307080844.49098.qmailat_private>, Ilici
    Ramirez <ilici_ramirezat_private> writes

    >Hi,
    >
    >There are many resources available on the web about
    >Social Engineering (including NLP - my new hobby) -
    >you can find them on google very quickly. But most of
    >them contain "what is SE", some examples and
    >references to other sites with the same stuff.
    >
    >Anyway ,as far as my research has gone I could not
    >find any paper on A FORMAL METHODOLOGY for conducting
    >Social Engineering Assessments.
    >
    >In any audit if you do not follow a methodology you
    >cannot guarantee for quality of the work.
    >
    >So, could anybody give us an advice?
    >
    >Best Regards,
    >Ilici R
    It is covered in the Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual
    <http://ideahamster.org/osstmm-description.htm>.

    HTH

    Will
    --
    BadAss - A *small* town in the Ramtops, in the kingdom of Lancre.
    lancre.net - The personal domain of Will and Cath Wilkinson.

    PGP Fingerprint E089 1736 A023 9E5C AFA3  0B40 E5DC D80A 9E1F D521
    Public key can be obtained from ldap://certserver.pgp.com