RE: Modem detection in a LAN

From: Sawyer, John H. (JSawyerat_private)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 11:05:04 PST

    Check out Mdmchk.pl from Carvdawg.  It currently checks NT machines but can
    probably be modified to check *nix machines.  Personally, I don't know how
    to check a *nix box remotely for a modem.  This should be a good starting
    place.

    http://patriot.net/~carvdawg/perl.html

    Mdmchk.pl
    This script checks remote NT machines for the existence of a modem driver.
    This is particularly useful in determining if a workstation has a modem
    installed.

    -jhs

    John H. Sawyer
    University of Florida