Modem detection in a LAN

From: Olivier Busolini (olivier.busoliniat_private)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 05:24:16 PST

    Hi all,

    Been interested by a way to detect modems connected to machines in a LAN, I
    went through a "pen-test" thread from nov. 2000 regarding "Modem detection
    without dialing".

    I have been very interested by the information found, and I am now looking
    for a simple automated tool that could be run to detect a modem connected to
    an *nix or windows machine in a LAN.
    Michael Gough was talking about such a tool in the nov. 2000 thread, but I
    have been unable to contact him.

    Anybody's got such a tool that could be shared ?

    Thanks,

    Olivier.

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/