http fingerprinting

From: Rick Hoekman (rickat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 17:57:26 PDT

    Anyone know if there are tools to fingerprint webservers that do not
    give away their type and version?

    As far as I know there is a paper/thesis on one tool called HMAP.pl. You
    can read it here http://seclab.cs.ucdavis.edu/papers/hmap-thesis.pdf

    Thanks!

    Rick

    --
    "I know that you all think that I'm paranoid" -- anonymous
    "Paranoia is knowing all the facts" -- Woody Allen

    Costs are climbing and complaints are rising
    as SPAM overloads your e-mail servers and Inboxes
    SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam & viruses
    and gives you the reports to prove it.
    http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-pen-test2
    Download a free trial and see just
    what's going in and out of your organization.