Re: Scanning for trojans

From: Eric (ewsat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 14:25:49 PDT

    map the open port back to the executable that launched it.

    ...Microsoft specific advice...
    If on Win2K, use fport from foundstone.  If XP, try fport, or do netstat
    -on and map the PID back to the executable.

    At 10:19 AM 4/27/2003 -0700, Discussion Lists wrote:
    >Hi all,
    >I have discovered what I believe is a trojan on a port that is a
    >non-standard port for that particular trojan, but I want to narrow down
    >the possibilities of what it could be.  Can anyone suggest a trojan
    >scanner that can detect a trojan by simply scanning for open ports, and
    >connecting?
    >
    >Thanks

    >Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
    >world's premier event for IT and network security experts.  The two-day
    >Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
    >The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
    >sales pitches.  Deadline for the best rates is April 25.  Register today to
    >ensure your place.  http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-pen-test

    Did you know that you have VNC running on your network?
    Your hacker does.
    Plug your security holes.
    Download a free 15-day trial of VAM:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/StillSecure-pen-test