Re: Jobs thread

From: Paul L Schmehl (paulsat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 13:48:02 PST

    I posted briefly (about three weeks) to computerjobs.com.  (I was concerned
    about some political shenanigans going on here and wanted to make sure I
    had an out if things went sour.)

    I was inundated with email from headhunters who asked for a resume.  (This
    after I had provided a URL in my profile that pointed to my resume and went
    so far as to provide a link to a Word 97 copy of it as well.)

    After three weeks of that, I concluded that that particular board was
    simply a fishing pond for prospects, and I disabled my profile.

    That's the only one I've used, so it's the only one I can attest to.

    --On 2/17/00, 12:39 PM -0800 Alfred Huger <ahat_private> wrote:
    [snip]

    > Does anyone here have experiance with large job boards like Kforce.com,
    > Monster.com, Jobsharks.com etc?

    Paul L. Schmehl, paulsat_private
    Technical Support Services Manager
    The University of Texas at Dallas