Changes to the Info Sec Marketplace ??

From: Pete Patamis (PetePatamisat_private)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 18:53:58 PDT

    Last week there was bad news about pilot.net going under and I've recently
    heard news/rumor about troubles (and maybe big cuts) at Salinas and some of
    the big accounting firms' info sec practices.  Curious to hear some opinions
    - is this a symptom of a general economic downturn in the tech sector or do
    you think the info sec industry is starting to undergo some consolidation?
     Do you think some of the newer publically-traded or investor-backed info sec
    firms are under more pressure?  And do you think the cuts/troubles are a
    symptom that big business is freezing spending on security until the stock
    market improves?

    I think these topics are important to us who are considering job/career
    changes...

    Pete