Re: Changes to the Info Sec Marketplace ??

From: Danny Tan Toh Koon (tohkwonat_private)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 20:33:20 PDT

    Generally the economy is not doing well on the whole even though Mr
    Greenspan have said that the economy actually rebounced on a marginal basis.
    The info sec industry is in the eyes of others a relatively new area even
    though its not and frankly who would want to invest on something that ROI is
    not guaranteeed. IMHO, the ecnomy is generally on the down turn and time is
    the essence to ride it out. Many companies are doing restructuring in order
    to appear to the investors that their foundations are stable. Until the
    economy takes a relatively bounce back, this will probably persists for the
    next 3 quarters until the pressure is off. Already I have noted within the
    industry that there are cutbacks and major corporations are withholding or
    reducing their budget for info sec audit and other related activities.

    Just my 2-cts worth,

    Dan