Re: my two measily cents

From: Sinead C Mc Donnell (Sineadat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 22:07:54 PDT

    Cods Wallop    !!

    The information highway and IT industry aren't going to disappear !!
    Thankfully the companies I work with realize that it's stupid to
    underpay someone now because the economy always cycles and when it comes
    around again if you don't treat your staff fairly now then they will
    leave you as soon as they can and rightfully so !!

    The only people overpaid last few years in my opinion are IT graduates
    coming straight out of school who shouldn't have been paid what an
    experienced person got paid - they haven't earned it as yet but I
    disagree with you that the economy is dead and startups.

    Companies without solid business plans and paths to profitability are
    not the definition of dotcoms. Those unprofitable companies are doomed
    to cease as it's hard to have a company run without capital. But Dotcoms
    will live on  - as long as engineers care to dream about new ways of
    doings things.

    Unfortunately it's that kind of email that gives recruiters a bad name

    Regards

    Sinéad Mc Donnell

    408-452-8888 Office
    408-832-3405 Cell Phone

    Sinéad C Mc Donnell
    408-452-8888 Office      www.Pencom.com
    408-832-3405 Cell        IT Recruitment

    I consider every day to be lost, in which I do not make a new
    acquaintance.
    Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)