RE: advice please

From: Spencer, Ed M. -ND (Ed.M.Spencer.-NDat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 14:09:19 PDT

    1. Don't call the company direct - it can appear unprofessional.
    2. If the recruiter isn't staying in touch, find another recruiter and/or
    recruiting company.
    3. If you just HAVE to use that recruiter - call the manager at the
    recruiting company.  Maybe they don't work there anymore or are out sick
    (giving them the benefit of the doubt).

    If none of the above work you can try to find out what other staffing
    companies fill positions at that company and try to work with one of them.
    I would recommend heavily against calling the company direct.  Chances are
    you signed a non-compete/non-disclosure agreement preventing you from
    applying with the company direct.  Calling the company direct could be
    viewed as a violation of that agreement so tread carefully.

    I'm not one to wait too long for the recruiter to place me.  Think of it
    this way - you don't have a job and they do.  As long as they meet thier
    quota your getting placed isn't going to keep them up at night.  However,
    your not working could mean another week of beans and weenies, or top ramen.

    Remember that there are plenty of staffing companies out there, when you
    find a good one stick with them, when you find a bad one warn others. :-)

    Good luck!
    Ed Spencer
    MCSE/MCT/CNA/A+/Network+
    Security Analyst - IS Security
    Renaissance Worldwide, Inc. - Walt Disney World

    This communication is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s)
    above and may contain trade secrets or other information that is exempt from
    disclosure under applicable law.  Any use, dissemination, distribution or
    copying of this communication by anyone other than the named recipient(s) is
    please immediately notify us by calling (407) 566-5195.  The ideas,
    opinions, and information expressed within the above email are the express
    sole opinion of the author and are not the opinion of the Walt Disney World
    Corporation.  Thank you.