advice please

From: Nokiagal13at_private
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 00:43:55 PDT

    Hi

    I am currently looking for a job and I was working with  a Recruiter, for some reason or another ( I have no idea why) this guy just fell off the face of the earth.  He doesn't return my calls or e-mails when I try to follow up with him on stuff.  Anyway, one of the jobs he put me up for I really want and I know I am qualified to do, but I can't get a hold of him to find out the feedback on it, can I call the company direct?  It has been 3 weeks since I spoke to him last, he kept asking for all of these things (references, letters of rec, etc..), then he disappeared.  Any advice on how to handle this?

    Thanks