Re: What are my chances of getting a job?

From: Roy Follendore (royfat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 15:03:59 PST

    Walter:

    I disagree.  A BS in Physics is related. However,
    having read your message and reviewed your
    resume, my advice is don't spin your wheels right
    now.

    Unless you get an opportunity for an entry level
    position soon, I suggest you need to stay open to new
    opportunities and work your career goals. Definitely
    don't wait on tables. Take work that is related and
    available, but definitely don't let the current security
    market drive your career.  This is the time to take
    charge and invoke a career plan.

    You can strategically come back to security when
    and if opportunities arise by keeping your eyes open.
    Believe me when I say that there will be paths that
    come back to the security industry if you remain
    interested.

    In the meantime you should consider taking a few
    University courses that can supplement your
    experience.  Your resume is loaded with application
    programs.  Depending on what your interests are in
    security that might be good, but I would suggest that
    you try to focus your experience more, particularly on
    networking systems.

    I hope this helps.

    Roy...