Stop me before I consult again

From: Stephen P. Berry (spbat_private)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 16:36:43 PST

    Well, it's been roughly a year since I first posted here to the securityjobs
    list, and I still haven't found any permanent position I'm interested in.  I
    am getting to -really- dislike consulting---spend too much time looking for
    contracts and end up dealing with too many bozos, solving the same problems
    over
    and over.

    So, I'll ask the list again:  anyone out there looking for, or know of someone
    looking for a serious information security goon?  I'm a UNIX bigot
    (I use OpenBSD by preference and edit everything with vi, if that helps you
    peg me), and spend a lot of my spare time writing statistical intrusion
    detection code.  In short, I'm really not looking for entry-level stuff.

    The ideal employer I'm lookin' for:

    	-Considers security a top priority
    	-Isn't already married to vendors for their security widgets
    	-Is organised such that a single motivated individual can make
    	 things happen on a day-to-day basis

    Ideally, I like working for smaller shops---startups, previously.  The main
    reason for this is I prefer to build things from the ground up rather than
    try to fix 'em after the fact.  I have experience working in just about every
    kind of environment from brand-new startups to multinationals, from research
    institutions to financial services companies.

    I won't bother posting a resume, but if anyone is interested I can supply 'em
    with one.  I currently live and consult in the Silicon Valley/San Jose area.
    I'd be willing to entertain the idea of relocating for the right position.

    Thanks for your time.

    -spb