Re: Should I charge to help write a security RFP?

From: ckrauseat_private
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 14:38:14 PST

    Hi, Dan,

    I live in Brasilia, Brasil's Capital, and made a lot of RFPs around here. But our major client is Government (Federal or State).

    In this cases, we have to follow a specific law for government contracts (8.666), created to regulate financial acquisitions of good and services.

    So, this RFPs are more complex than for private organisations, and it have to contain specific parts for the competitors and for their purpose's classifications, considering technical skills and price.

    For this RFPs, normally government pay around 1 percent of the estimated value of the RFP.

    In private cases, we use to negociate a price first for work on RFPs. I'm working on one at this time, for instance.

    You will work for two days, won't you ? So, why can't you be pay for that ?

    Although this is Brazilian reality, I hope to help you.

    Cheers.
    Carlos Krause, CISSP, MCSO
    Consultor de Segurança da Informação
    ckrauseat_private