Re: How I turned my cable modem into a sniffer

From: Robert van der Meulen (rvdmat_private)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 03:57:40 PDT

    Hi,

    Quoting Rajkumar S. (listuserat_private):
    > ifMIB.ifMIBObjects.ifXTable.ifXEntry.ifPromiscuousMode.2 i 1
    > Error in packet.
    > Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
    > Failed object: ifMIB.ifMIBObjects.ifXTable.ifXEntry.ifPromiscuousMode.2
    > I have verified that such an MIB exists
    The error says it all ;) - there is no such variable name in the set.

    Try using 'snmpwalk' to generate the complete MIB variable set, find
    out the interesting parts, and try to write to them.

    Greets,
    	Robert

    --
    			      Linux Generation
       encrypted mail preferred. finger rvdmat_private for my GnuPG/PGP key.