Re: illegal cheer (was: Re: CodeGreen beta release (idq-patcher/antiCodeRed/etc.)

From: Michael R. Rudel (mrrat_private)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 00:25:15 PDT

    On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Meritt James wrote:

    > News flash:  You and your kin are not the entire world.
    >
    > Wouldn't you like M$ to pay attention to those laws?  Where do you think
    > the vulnerabilities come from?
    >
    > Markus Kern wrote:
    > >
    > > Meritt James wrote:
    > > >
    > > > THAT is an informative statement!  If a bit of consideration for the law
    > > > was made, there would be many fewer vulnerabilities in the first place.
    > >
    > > How would consideration for the law reduce _vulnerabilities_?
    > >
    > > I have to agree with Michael Rudel.
    > > When we're discussing the ethics/morals of something current laws are
    > > irrelevant.
    > > Laws are deduced from the outcome of such discussions (or that's the way
    > > I think it should be).
    >
    > So why are YOU discussing laws, followed by a statement that what you
    > wrote is irelevant?

    Just because I don't care doesn't mean others won't, and it doesn't mean
    that actions shouldn't be taken to change the laws if they are "morally or
    ethnically wrong".

    > > > But thanks for the job security!
    > > >
    > > > "Michael R. Rudel" wrote:
    > > >
    > > > [snip]

    > > > [snip]
    >
    > --
    > James W. Meritt, CISSP, CISA
    > Booz, Allen & Hamilton
    > phone: (410) 684-6566

    Michael R. Rudel * 734.417.4859 * mrrat_private
    AOL AIM: ATSTheory * Cell E-Mail: pageat_private
    Student Technician, Pinckney Community Schools
    Principal Engineer, Michael R. Rudel Consulting