Re: yet another fake exploit making rounds

From: xbud (xbudat_private)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 09:25:13 PST

    > Perhaps we all ought to oblige them by sending them bogus /etc/passwd files
    > and let them spin there wheels trying to crack the passwords.

    Why bother giving them the attention they want...?

    > Or alternately, grab a few hundred megabytes of random garbage to send
    > them...
    I'm sure they don't host it themselves and mail.com won't appreciate anyone
    flooding it's mail boxes.

    Asking mail.com staff nicely to remove the account might be a more positive
    way of dealing with it.

    umm and perhaps el8.8m.com should do some analytical research before posting
    '0-day' code.

    $.02
    -xbud