Re: slocate bug.

From: Wodahs Latigid (wodahsat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 14:08:45 PST

    > > Heres the details on Mandrake Linux
    > Here are on Conectiva Linux

    Just something else that I noticed a while ago
    but didn't see any use for it.
    If you do an 'slocate abc -oMoP', the file MoP
    will be created sgid to slocate. (This was
    tested on a Mandrake and a Redhat box with the
    same results).
    I haven't really had time to dig any deeper,
    but I would assume that this would let you
    overwrite anything that the slocate group has
    permissions to.

    Wodahs

    http://www.ministryofpeace.co.uk/

    http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup