RE: Problem with xkill

From: Ron DuFresne (dufresneat_private)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 17:17:49 PST

    But, to get this to work, you first had to take control of the other users
    X window display, so the controls must not be strict enough if this
    was able to be done.

    I think this is what Valdis.Kletnieks was trying to tell you.

    Thanks,

    Ron DuFresne

    On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, anthony gruppuso wrote:

    > I understand that, we use a very strict host access control list here on
    > all Xserver based devices/products; I just thought it was interesting
    > that xkill behaved in that manner.  Initally I was under the impression
    > that it would function like a graphical kill, but apparently that is not
    > the case.
    >
    > Anthony (Joe) Gruppuso

    "Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
    business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
    	***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

    OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.