Re: Fwd: Re: Wlan @ bestbuy is cleartext?

From: mikedat_private
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 23:13:42 PDT

    The general consensus on the list I guess is these are retail devices
    communicating with a central server via wireless:

    Since this is in fact vuln-dev, does anyone have any experince with these
    devices?  Instantly everyone blames the retail store, but how do we know
    thoes silly little barcode scanners and such even support anything other
    than a wide open network?  Think back to all the stupid things you have
    heard of vendors doing in the past...

    	-Mike