Re: Publishing Nimda Logs

From: Johannes B. Ullrich (jullrichat_private)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 14:26:37 PDT

    > Think about it... how many of you have given your ISP your main email
    > address or phone number, so they can contact you in case of problems?  My
    > ISP gave me some sort of email address when I signed up for DSL, and I have
    > never once bothered to see if there is mail in there.  I have 5 of my own
    > addresses, domains, etc... thanks.  Since I have DSL, they do happen to
    > have my phone number.

    At the very least, they do have your billing address ;-).

    I send about 1000+ notifications a day from DShield. Sure,
    most of them trigger autoreplies. But I find, that some
    ISPs do appear to takes some action. (scans stop... maybe
    they just change the IP of the scanner).

    I usually get better responses from smaller ISPs and Universities.
    Non-auto responses from large ISPs are an exception.

    --
    -------
    jullrichat_private                    Join http://www.DShield.org