Re: Publishing Nimda Logs

From: Blue Boar (BlueBoarat_private)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 15:36:02 PDT

    Johannes B. Ullrich wrote:
    > At the very least, they do have your billing address ;-).
    <snip>
    > I usually get better responses from smaller ISPs and Universities.
    > Non-auto responses from large ISPs are an exception.

    BTW, no offense to the ISPs that DO do their job, and contact their
    customers.  As I indicated before, there are ISPs out there that have a
    clue, and I applaud them.  However, I have done mass notifications before
    myself, and was rather dismayed at the number of bounces, incorrect RIN
    info, and even plain hostile responses.  The responses that I would have
    considered "success" were less than 5%.

    						BB