Re: Publishing Nimda Logs

From: Pavel Lozhkin (pavelat_private)
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 06:20:24 PDT

    > At the very least, they do have your billing address ;-).
    >
    > I send about 1000+ notifications a day from DShield. Sure,
    > most of them trigger autoreplies. But I find, that some
    > ISPs do appear to takes some action. (scans stop... maybe
    > they just change the IP of the scanner).
    >
    > I usually get better responses from smaller ISPs and Universities.
    > Non-auto responses from large ISPs are an exception.

    I believe there is only one way to stop the Nimda and other similar
    viruses - to stop them on all firewalls (Cisco can do that for example)
    on transit. And write autocomplainer (as i did and do) which will notify
    ISPs about the activity. This can be useful for them.

    --
    Pavel
    Cheif Information Security Officer