Re: Publishing Nimda Logs

From: Lincoln Yeoh (lyeohat_private)
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 12:16:44 PDT

    Would /scripts/root.exe catch enough of the varieties out there?

    ---
    Option 5:
    Is it possible to shutdown the server remotely? Even if they don't have the
    NT resource kit installed.

    I mean if a victim's server keeps shutting down regularly, I'm sure they'll
    patch it after a while :). If they don't notice, it stays down and doesn't
    bother anyone else.

    Of course this is illegal and unethical. But even that messaging thing
    could be considered illegal.

    Cheerio,
    Link.