Backup Agents

From: Geo. (georgerat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 15:54:00 PST

    Has anyone ever studied how secure backup agents are in the context of using
    them on web servers? Seems to me a backup agent is designed to get
    information (all information) out of a system, so I was wondering if anyone
    had ever researched how secure the connection between a backup server and a
    machine running a backup agent is. How hard it would be to exploit the
    backup agent and that sort of thing.

    Geo.