RE: Too much misleading advice on the Universal Plug-and-Play security hole

From: Marc Maiffret (marcat_private)
Date: Wed Dec 26 2001 - 19:24:21 PST

    <snip>

    | Richard M. Smith
    | http://www.computerbytesman.com

    Good to try to clear things up like that however you just confused people
    even more again. Windows 98 is also affected yet you fail to mention it.

    Once again for those of us that missed it in Microsoft's bulletin the first
    time:
    Affected Software:
    Microsoft Windows 98
    Microsoft Windows 98SE
    Microsoft Windows ME
    Microsoft Windows XP

    That means, and as I've said to one to many reporters, if you or someone you
    know is running Windows 98/ME/XP then you/they need to install the patch.

    Signed,
    Marc Maiffret
    Chief Hacking Officer
    eEye Digital Security