Re: CRIME Wiretapping WiFi

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 17:04:23 PDT

    Brian Varine wrote:

    > Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that terrorist groups
    > are involved in drug trafficking, simple fraud, and money laundering?

    I think that's the justification that they use to enable abuse of holes
    punched in the Bill of Rights in the name of anti-terrorism. We have
    existence proof of people who are clearly *not* terrorists being treated
    as terrorists under the law because it is convenient for law
    enforcement, e.g. the guy with the crystal meth lab being charged with
    manufacturing "chemical weapons." He had no connection to terrorists;
    he's just a tweaker with a skanky meth lab. So bust him for running a
    meth lab under existing drug law, but don't abuse the notion of
    "terrorist" with this BS. It trivializes the Bill of Rights.

    Crispin

    --
    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.           http://immunix.com/~crispin/
    Chief Scientist, Immunix       http://immunix.com