[fw-wiz] Firewalls on an IPX/SPX network

From: Brian Bettger (brianbat_private)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 14:32:14 PDT

    Hello all,

    I have a client requiring a VPN connection from his clients to his
    network. He has Novell Netware 4.2 servers running at his site that
    contains a database he'd like his clients to access form a program he's
    written for the. The Program will be installed on the local PC, the
    database will then have to be mapped via the VPN client.

    He has, in the past enjoyed a strictly IPX/SPX network knowing that this
    decreases his risk of exposing his servers. Is there a firewall product
    out there we can use that allows a VPN connection to utilize IPX/SPX for
    several and eventually tens of clients to map a drive to the Novell
    server(s)?

    Clients will no doubt use DSL for connections

    Thanks in advance,
    Brian

    Brian Bettger
    Systems Engineer