[fw-wiz] Tunnel intruder

From: Jim MacLeod (jmacleodat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 16:21:03 PDT

    There's a lot of FUD being touted by firewall vendors about the possibility
    of a home computer being hacked, then the attacker using that computer's
    VPN connection to the office to break into the company network.

    I can see this as a possibility and realize that we could easily get into
    an extended discussion of the probability/impossibility/inevitability of it
    occurring.  I personally want to avoid speculation.

    Does anybody know of an actual incident where this attack was used,
    successfully or not?

    Thanks,
    -Jim