Re: LSM Patch Additions for CAPP (C2) Audit Trails

From: jmjonesat_private
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 13:46:27 PDT

    On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Chris Wright wrote:

    > in general, throwing out any kernel logic and replacing with hook is not
    > acceptable.

    > will not accept the vfs_permission change,

    > changeattr hook is not acceptable,

    With all due respect, based on what test(s)?  Is there a document that
    defines the "scope" of LSM yet, or has the "test" been argued narrowly
    enough to make a statement of it at this point?

    I ask in an attempt to get a "pre-test" for my code to determine what
    should be submitted for review to LSM, and what should not.

    Can anybody state (succinctly) the limits of LSM, yet?

    Sincerely,
    J. Melvin Jones