Re: LSM Patch Additions for CAPP (C2) Audit Trails

From: Chris Wright (chrisat_private)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 10:03:32 PDT

    * jmjonesat_private (jmjonesat_private) wrote:
    > On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Chris Wright wrote:
    >
    > > in general, throwing out any kernel logic and replacing with hook is not
    > > acceptable.
    >
    > > will not accept the vfs_permission change,
    >
    > > changeattr hook is not acceptable,

    <snip>

    > Can anybody state (succinctly) the limits of LSM, yet?

    the specific changes mentioned above push significant amounts of kernel
    logic into the module.  we already hashed this out on the list and
    decided against it.  we are looking for a minimal impact patch.  we've
    got to get our foot in the door first...(see also cripsin's comments
    regarding our conversation with ted ts'o).