Re: quotactl hook

From: Crispin Cowan (crispinat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 14:15:38 PDT

    jmjonesat_private wrote:

    >On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, richard offer wrote:
    >
    >>In particular, I'm not adding any security specifics to the patch. LSM is
    >>it. Which is why we still want FD's :-)
    >>
    >I still want userspace specified filenames, which I have "silenced" about
    >entirely on the assurance that 2.5 will change this.

    We (WireX) want that too.  It seems clear that the path of least
    resistance here is to do it the way Al Viro wants.

    >FD's are useful to me, in that regard, but, since they're indexes that
    >don't have "heft", I'd rather see the userspace-specified filename be
    >passed to the module, somehow (perhaps with PID and FD data,
    >simultaneously, or even INODE indexed, which interleaves into the current
    >paradigm for control.)

    FD:  Stage 2, unless someone has an access control motivation for them.

    JMJ:  you've been hinting at your world-conquering LSM module for a
    while, but never told us what it is.  DO you have an access control
    reason to want FDs?  If so, please share it, and you may get them.

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.