Re: quotactl hook

From: Chris Wright (chrisat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 16:21:18 PDT

    * jmjonesat_private (jmjonesat_private) wrote:
    > On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, richard offer wrote:
    >
    > > In particular, I'm not adding any security specifics to the patch. LSM is
    > > it. Which is why we still want FD's :-)
    >
    > I still want userspace specified filenames, which I have "silenced" about
    > entirely on the assurance that 2.5 will change this.

    I am working on a patch to 2.4 that (if i'm lucky) will look like the
    2.5 changes (moving to dentry/vfsmount instead of inode).

    > FD's are useful to me, in that regard, but, since they're indexes that
    > don't have "heft", I'd rather see the userspace-specified filename be
    > passed to the module, somehow (perhaps with PID and FD data,
    > simultaneously, or even INODE indexed, which interleaves into the current
    > paradigm for control.)

    i don't really understand.  pid is current->pid.  the fd doesn't give
    you a lot more than a (struct file *) which has a vfsmount and dentry
    (needed for the absolute pathname) and the dentry contains the inode.
    what specifically do you need?