Re: TE/DTE Patent issues?

From: Chris Wright (chrisat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 13:21:34 PDT

    * Clint Byrum (cbyrumat_private) wrote:

    > I think I have decided that, while SELinux and Type Enforcement(tm...
    > hehe) are the right way to do this, I'd rather not deal with the
    > licensing issues. What is the best alternative? My inclination is to use
    > GRSecurity to accomplish some of the fine grained access control
    > necessary for a highly secure system, but I'm guessing you folks have
    > other suggestions.

    We are all looking forward to resolution on the patent issue.  Of course,
    with things like GPL, patents, and lawyers involved it clearly will not
    be resolved overnight.

    You may look at LIDS in the LSM tree.  It is GPL licensed and has an
    access control model which may serve your needs.  Also, if you like
    GRSecurity, porting its access control model to LSM would be a nice
    thing to see ;-)

    cheers,