[logs] NT Logs

From: Gonzalo Garcia (GO_GARCIAat_private)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 04:40:15 PST

    Hi, I´m trying to do some work with NT logs and I´ve some questions,

    Is possible to send all  the logs to only one machine ? I've a PDC and 30
    BDC and  would be excellent to get the logs from only one server.

    Where can I get the EventID descriptions ?

    I'm writing a tiny perl script using Win32::Eventlog module, it works fine
    the system logs but when I try to read the security logs and call
    $hash->read(args ....) method  the User key of the hashref is not in text,
    I´ve read some documents and there are "masks" to apply to some keys (e.g.
    TimeGenerated ) but I could not find the mask, if any for the User key. Does
    someone have some experience with this ?  ( $Win32::EventLog::GetMessageText
    is already set to 1 ).

    Does any know how to do this stuff using MFC or any non-commercial software
    ?  I just want to read the logs and according with the EventID send a
    message ( may be the hole record ) to a DB server.

    Sorry about my English.
    Thanks in advance,
    Gonzalo S. García.