RE:Ethical Hacking Courses

From: George Milliken (gmillikenat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 07:36:50 PDT

    Talisker,

    Hello, we meet again!

    farm9.com offers "Hacking 101" a course in current attacks and
    countermeasures for sys admins.  2 days, $895.00  Best value for the
    money/time.  Offered in sunny Oakland Calif.

    SANS doesn't get you anything like what we teach (I know, I've been to 5
    SANS courses, no knock to the fine folks at SANS).  farm9 teaches hands on
    (1 computer per pupil).

    DEFCON is a party, it's advertised as such.  If you can stay sober you might
    learn something at DEFCON.  Lately the crowds have made that impossible.
    Black Hat might be more of a learning experience, but it backs right up to
    DEFCON on the calendar, and Vegas ain;t the best place to concentrate.

    Yes I am biased, I work for the company <g>.

    Regards,

    George Milliken, CEO
    farm9.com, Inc.
    --
    gmillikenat_private      24x7 Intrusion Prevention & Incident Response
    http://www.farm9.com     24x7 Log Consolidation & Managed IDS