Re: SAP Security

From: Dave Piscitello (daveat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 06:04:46 PDT

    Have you tried this mail forum?

    Name of Forum: SAP FAQ Security Discussion
    discussion of Security related topics of interest to those involved with SAP.
    To Subscribe: Send this command:
    SUBSCRIBE SAPFAQ-SECURITY
    To this address: MDat_private

    At 02:20 AM 6/14/01 +0200, Rainer Duffner wrote:
    >On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Johann van Duyn wrote:
    >
    > > Hi there...
    > >
    > > I'm planning to run a lightweight internal penetration test against some of
    > > our servers, and have run into a snag: security information on WinNT, Unix,
    > > Oracle, etc. is quite easy to find, but I am struggling to find anything
    > > good on SAP R/3. Most of the stuff is very vague, or refers to securing
    > > network transmissions against eavesdropping.
    > >
    > > Anyone have any real information on SAP security, especially weaknesses?
    > > :-)
    >
    >I found this some time ago, the content seems to move on and off to
    >different sites. A good opportunity to save it to HD...
    >
    >http://www.hoelzner.de/security/sap-os.html
    >
    >The text is German, but mentions a "SAP Security Guide" , which is hopefully
    >available in other languages.
    >

    >cheers,
    >Rainer
    >--
    >  Rainer Duffner , Konstanz, Germany
    >  eMail:  duffner@fh-konstanz.de
    >        rainer.duffnerat_private
    >http://www-stud.fh-konstanz.de/duffner/

                                David M. Piscitello
                 Core Competence, Inc. (http://www.corecom.com) and
          The Internet Security Conference (http://www.tisc2001.com)
         ~~ The Internet has security problems. We have answers. ~~

    3 Myrtle Bank Lane                                     daveat_private
    Hilton Head, SC 29926                                  1.843.683-9988

    PGP Fingerprint: 070A 9F01 C35C 4D41 A460 EF2C 2992 2F12 11D2 02DC