Re: win2k pentest - what can i do?

From: Ryan Permeh (ryanat_private)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 09:17:48 PDT

    everyting that is possible from the graphical swhell is possible from the
    command prompt using the proper utilities, what exactly is it that you wish
    to do(or more properly: "Where do you want to go today" :)?

    as a side, it occurs to me to ask the following of this group:

    what level of pentration do you perform in an average test?  do you
    penetrate completely?  use this to leverage access across a network? what
    "trophy" do you use to prove access?  How do you spell out your level of
    penetration to your customers?  do they understand the difference between
    "vulnerability assesment" and penetration analysis?

    just curious how everyone else chooses to do this....
    Signed,
    Ryan Permeh
    eEye Digital Security Team
    http://www.eEye.com/Retina -Network Security Scanner