RE: Rate's for contractors & employees

From: David.Barnett@ey-as.com
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 07:21:28 PST

    I just passed the CISSP with minimal studying. I did take the CBK and found
    it helpful for passing the exam though. However, my employee paid for the
    CBK and the exam but I would never have spent my "own" money on it . I do
    expect to see a pay raise because of having the CISSP. But my company like
    certs.
    Quite a few CISSPs that I know are not in the least technical, though they
    bill at very HIGH rates. I would think that someone who is very technical
    and has their CISSP will see monetary rewards with BIG 5 type corporations.

    Just my .02 cents.

    ########################
    ####################
    David Barnett CISSP
    Cap Gemini Enrst & Young Global Operate - America
    Security / UNIX  Architect
    O  312-356-2895
    M  312-282-2088
    F   312-356-2895
    ####################
    #######################

    system. Cap Gemini Ernst & Young is neither liable for the proper and
    complete transmission of the information contained in this communication
    nor for any delay in its receipt.

                        Gretchen H
                        <gretchenth@y        To:     hush puppy <wlc26at_private>, rhino007_usat_private,
                        ahoo.com>            securityjobsat_private
                                             cc:
                        11/22/2001           Subject:     RE: Rate's for contractors & employees
                        05:31 PM

    The CISSP helps greatly with some firms, others don't
    care.  But if you're looking for a job, it can only
    help and not hurt.  I get asked if I am a CISSP in my
    initial phone conversations with most potential
    employers.