Rate's for contractors & employees

From: Rhino Bomd (rhino007_usat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 10:17:32 PST

    I have been out of touch with the rates question for a while.  When I look
    at the DICE Salary Survey it indicates that the mean rate is
    Something like $75/hr for all contract work.  Of course we in the Security
    field should be doing better... but the recruiters I talk to
    Tell me that people are going out for half what they did 18 months ago.  I
    tend to discount what they say, because their job it to
    Talk us down in price, and their Clients up in price, at all times.  So I'm
    taking my own informal survey.  I can promise that anyone
    Who responds directly to me will remain anonymous.  I have no intentions of
    using this info for more than my own contract search
    & negotiations.  Specifically what are the rates for someone who has had
    over 20 years of Industry experience, 25 years of security
    experience, 6 years of computer and network security consulting, and 15
    years of UNIX experience.  This kind of background used
    to bring in between $110/hr - $200/hr, depending on length of contract.

                                               David Hawley
                            UNIX & NT Network Security, LLC.
                                    drhat_private
                                    www.123netsecurity.com