RE: Security Clearance (UK)

From: robert.d.turnerat_private
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 01:53:52 PST

    Hi

    Clearance is person/role based, not personal, so the hiring company should
    arrange clearance - once you leave a position your clearance should be
    revoked by the company (although they often wait a month or three, this is
    not compulsory).

    It is possible to get a personal clearance, but not as easy as you will not
    have the backing of a corporate entity to cover some of the questions.

    The "standard" clearance is a form-filling exercise and checks nationality,
    family history, work history, convictions and the like. There are more
    stringent levels but these are not recommended unless you REALLY need them
    (unlikely in all but a few circumstances).

    I know that this does not give too much info, but hope that it helps. (Oh,
    from memory it's the Home Office that regulates these...)

    Robert

    --
    Robert Turner GCIA
    Security Solutions Designer & Analyst

    Ignite Solutions - Secure Business Services
    T: +44 (0)113 244 5951  F: +44 (0)113 244 5657
    Robert.D.Turnerat_private