Win32.Sircam.Worm Alert.....

From: EPiC (epicat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 11:08:31 PDT

    Friday morning I recieved an email from a friend,  it looked as though he
    was sending me a .doc to look over. To my dismay, it was a worm that had
    infected him.

    I have found little information about this worm,  Mostly located at
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sircam.wormat_private

    The Worm will come from someone that has you on there contact list, and will
    have a differnt subject line determined by the attached file.

    The text will read in english as:

    Hi! How are you?

    I send you this file in order to have your advice

    See you later. Thanks

    ----

    ****

    The link i posted above has a program that will remove the worm,  I would
    suggest using that rather than deleting it yourself,  I found that I was
    renaming regedit.ext to regedit.com to even open regedt.  The worm tries to
    run any executables through it's own shell code.

    This being my first real post to Bug-traq I would like feedback.  Any
    questions, hate-mail, death-threats etc can be sent off to epicat_private

    thank you

    EPiC
    hack3r.com