Root password changed

From: RCS (rcsat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 20:01:03 PST

    I have no idea how the root password on my FreeBSD 4.0 system was =
    changed, only I have access to it and I have only SMTP (sendmail =
    8.12.1), POP3 (qpopper), apache 1.3.26 and BIND 8.2.3 . Everything else =
    is restricted by ACLs at the router.

    I had to enter single user mode and change it today.

    I have thoroughly checked running processes and the logs and there is =
    nothing suspicious.=20

    Please give me your opinion on what could have caused this.=20

    Thanks

    --
    Roberto Cardona Jr.      =20

    --