UK Rates (Re: Rate's for contractors & employees)

From: Alex Butcher (security-jobs) (secjobsat_private)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 10:27:15 PST

    On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Rhino Bomd wrote:

    > So I'm taking my own informal survey.  I can promise that anyone Who
    > responds directly to me will remain anonymous.  I have no intentions
    > of using this info for more than my own contract search &
    > negotiations.  Specifically what are the rates for someone who has had
    > over 20 years of Industry experience, 25 years of security experience,
    > 6 years of computer and network security consulting, and 15 years of
    > UNIX experience.  This kind of background used to bring in between
    > $110/hr - $200/hr, depending on length of contract.

    Seeing as David's survey was apparently successful, I'd like to try to
    repeat it, but with a UK focus. According to the economist bigwigs, the UK
    is healthier than other parts of Europe and the US, which would lead me to
    believe that our rates should be higher.

    I'll work to the same deal as David; mail me privately and I'll
    promise anonymity and a summary in a day or two.

    It would be appreciated if you could break out your details similarly
    to David's question:

    - Hourly Rate
    - Years of experience in IT Industry
    - Years of experience in Computer Security
    - Sector (Financial, Government, Manufacturing, IT, Retail, Construction)
    - Ease of finding work (Too much!, Just Right, Sparse, Getting Worried!)

    >                                            David Hawley

    Best Regards,
    Alex.